Online registration for 2021 Gita recitation competitions is closed. If you have any questions about registration, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online registration for 2021 Gita Recitation Competitions is open.
Audio recordings of all 18 chapters of the Bhagavad Gita as well as Vishnu Sahasranamam, recited by P S Ramamurti are available to download.
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 1
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 2
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 3
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 4
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 5
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 6
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 7
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 8
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 10
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 11
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 12
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 13
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 14
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 15
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 16
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 17
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 18
- Vishnu Sahasranamam
PORTIONS PRESCRIBED FOR 2021 COMPETITIONS
View the 2021 Portions here.
- Those undergoing part-time courses and correspondence courses, those doing M.Phil and Ph. D. courses and those appearing for technical and professional examinations, as private candidates, are not considered as regular students.
- HOW TO APPLY?
- Regular institutions and private organizations coaching students should send applications only in MS Excel format (and not in any other format) containing all the details mentioned in item 5 below and email them to email@example.com before 31.12.2019.
- Bulk applications sent by post/courier will not be accepted.
- Voluntary organizations that coach and send applications on behalf of regular students must mention the classes and the names of schools in which the candidates are regular students. This information is definitely required.
- Individuals can apply online at www.egmoresamskrtschool.com. In exceptional circumstances, individuals may send applications by post/courier containing details in item number 5.
- Applications must contain the following details: (a) the name of the candidate with initials (for the sake of uniformity only the initials and the first letter of name should be in capitals) (b) whether the candidate is a boy or girl (c) the class in which the candidate is studying (d) the name of the school/college in which the candidate is studying, with address (e) the date of birth (especially for non-students) (f) names of parents (g) the full residential address of the candidate with phone number and (h) email address.
- ON-THE-SPOT ENTRY IS NOT ALLOWED
- Candidates will be asked to recite verses from any part of the portions prescribed, not necessarily from the beginning to the end. They may be asked to recite from even the middle of a verse.
- Only one person will be allowed to remain inside the room along with a candidate. No other person, including the Teacher, will be allowed inside the room.
- Nobody will be allowed to stand at the entrance or near the windows or on the verandahs.
- Non-candidates allowed inside should not sit next to the candidates. They should occupy only the back seats.
- Audio or video recording of the recitations will not be allowed.
- Kindly avoid conversations in the room, especially after your child has finished reciting.
- USE OF CELLPHONES INSIDE THE ROOMS IS TOTALLY PROHIBITED.
- Candidates and parents should not enter into any conversation with the judges.
- When a candidate recites the Gita, nobody should stand near the child or prompt him/her.
- The names of the candidates are arranged in an alphabetical order. But they will be called to recite under a lot system. This applies to all the classes. So, nobody knows when a candidate’s turn will come. If a candidate is absent when his or her name is called out, he or she will have the chance to recite only after all the candidates have recited.
VENUE and DIRECTION
10 Damodaran Street, Kellys, Chennai 600010.
Sindhi Model Senior Secondary School is just the venue
THE EGMORE SAMSKRT SCHOOL
75/15 Vellala Street
Purasawakam, Chennai 600084
Tamil Nadu, India.
+1 (206) 963-1840